DMIR Group, Chair VI, Computer Science
Raum: B012 (Computer Science Building)
Tel: +49 931 / 31 - 88453
Fax: +49 931 / 31 - 86732
hotho ..at.. informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
I am a professor at the University of Würzburg and the head of the DMIR group. In this context I am directing the BibSonomy project spanning the L3S Research Center located in Hanover, the KDE group of the University of Kassel and the DMIR group.
Prior, I was a senior researcher at the University of Kassel. I started my research at the AIFB Institute at the University of Karlsruhe where I was working on text mining, ontology learning and semantic web related topics.
- REGIO (2018-2019)
- BigData@Geo (EFRE, 2017-2021)
- Modelling and Recommendation for Customer Engagement (Industrial cooperation, 2017-2020)
- Promotionsförderung im Rahmen des Doktoranden-programms des ZD.B (ZD.B Felloswhips, 2017-2020)
- p2map: Learning Environmental Maps (DFG, 2016-2019)
- eHumanities-Center Kallimachos (BMBF, 2014-2017, extended to 2019)
- EveryAware: Enhance environmental awareness through social information technologies (EU FET, 2011-2014)
- Pragmatics and Semantics in Social Tagging Systems (DFG, 2011-2016)
- PUMA: Academic Publication Management (DFG, 2009-2015)
- Speaker of the Fachgruppe Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining und Maschinelles Lernen
- BAFög coordinator for the computer science department at the University of Würzburg
- PC Chair: European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases 2019
- Editor in Chief: Journal of Web Semantics Volume and Special Issue collection 2019
- Editorial boards: Semantic Web Journal since 2009, Journal of Web Semantics (data mining area chair) since 2013, Transaction on Internet Technology since 2013
- PC-Chair Hypertext 2013, Track Co-Chair ESWC 2013, Demo Co-Chair ECML PKDD 2013, Track Co-Chair Hypertext 2011, Local Co-Chair GI–Workshopwoche “Lernen – Lehren – Wissen – Adaptivität” 2010, Track Co-Chair Hypertext 2009, Workshops and Tutorial Chair KCap 2009, Local Co-Chair GI–Workshopwoche “Lernen – Lehren – Wissen – Adaptivität” 2003, PC Co-Chair for a variety of workshops, e.g. RSWeb at RecSys 2012-2015, MUSE at ECML PKDD 2010-2015 or a workshop series on semantic web mining at the ECML PKDD 2001-2005
- Selected PC memberships for conferences: ACM SIGKDD (regularly), AAAI (regularly), WWW (regularly), ISWC (regularly), ESWC (regularly), ECML PKDD (regularly), WebSci 2014, WSDM 2013, CIKM 2011
- Reviewer for journals, e.g., International Journal of Information Security (IJISS), Journal on Data Semantics (JoDS), ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), Machine Learning Journal, Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE)
- Reviewer for a variety of workshops
- Reviewer of research grants for the DFG and the European Union
- Executive director of the Institute of Computer Science at the University of Würzburg (2015, 2016)
- Best paper award: “Philipp Singer, Denis Helic, Andreas Hotho and Markus Strohmaier, HypTrails: A Bayesian Approach for Comparing Hypotheses About Human Trails on the Web” at WWW Conference 2015 (link)
- Honorable mention of the paper: “Ciro Cattuto, Dominik Benz, Andreas Hotho and Gerd Stumme, Semantic Grounding of Tag Relatedness in Social Bookmarking Systems” at ISWC 2008 (link)
- The 7 years most influential paper award: “Information Retrieval in Folksonomies: Search and Ranking”, Andreas Hotho, Robert Jäschke, Christoph Schmitz, Gerd Stumme at ESWC 2013 (link)
- Participatory Patterns in an International Air Quality Monitoring Initiative. in PLoS ONE (2015). 10(8) e0136763.
- Hyptrails: A bayesian approach for comparing hypotheses about human trails. (2015).
- Awareness and Learning in Participatory Noise Sensing. in PLoS ONE (2013). 8(12) e81638.
- Collective Information Extraction with Context-Specific Consistencies. in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, P. A. Flach, Bie, T. D., Cristianini, N. (eds.) (2012). (Vol. 7523) 728-743.
- The Social Bookmark and Publication Management System BibSonomy. in The VLDB Journal (2010). 19(6) 849--875.
- Tag Recommendations in Social Bookmarking Systems. in AI Communications, (E. Giunchiglia, ed.) (2008). 21(4) 231-247.
- Learning Ontologies to Improve Text Clustering and Classification. in From Data and Information Analysis to Knowledge Engineering (2006). 334--341.
- Learning Concept Hierarchies from Text Corpora using Formal Concept Analysis. in Journal on Artificial Intelligence Research (2005). 24 305-339.
List of all publications: http://dmir.org/staff/hotho/pubs
Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=eWTzXFAAAAAJ
DBLP Profile: http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/h/Hotho:Andreas