Prof. Dr. Andreas Hotho
DMIR Group, Chair VI, Computer Science
Raum: B012 (Computer Science Building)
Tel: +49 931 / 31 - 88453
Fax: +49 931 / 31 - 86732
hotho ..at.. informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
I am a professor at the University of Würzburg and the head of the DMIR group. In this context I am directing the BibSonomy project spanning the L3S Research Center located in Hanover, the KDE group of the University of Kassel and the DMIR group.
Prior, I was a senior researcher at the University of Kassel. I started my research at the AIFB Institute at the University of Karlsruhe where I was working on text mining, ontology learning and semantic web related topics.
- BigData@Geo (EFRE, 2017-2021)
- Modelling and Recommendation for Customer Engagement (Industrial cooperation, 2017-2020)
- Promotionsförderung im Rahmen des Doktoranden-programms des ZD.B (ZD.B Felloswhips, 2017-2020)
- p2map: Learning Environmental Maps (DFG, 2016-2019)
- eHumanities-Center Kallimachos (BMBF, 2014-2017, extended to 2019)
- EveryAware: Enhance environmental awareness through social information technologies (EU FET, 2011-2014)
- Pragmatics and Semantics in Social Tagging Systems (DFG, 2011-2016)
- PUMA: Academic Publication Management (DFG, 2009-2015)
- Speaker of the Fachgruppe Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining und Maschinelles Lernen
- BAFög coordinator for the computer science department at the University of Würzburg
- Editorial boards: Semantic Web Journal since 2009, Journal of Web Semantics (data mining area chair) since 2013, Transaction on Internet Technology since 2013
- PC-Chair Hypertext 2013, Track Co-Chair ESWC 2013, Demo Co-Chair ECML PKDD 2013, Track Co-Chair Hypertext 2011, Local Co-Chair GI–Workshopwoche “Lernen – Lehren – Wissen – Adaptivität” 2010, Track Co-Chair Hypertext 2009, Workshops and Tutorial Chair KCap 2009, Local Co-Chair GI–Workshopwoche “Lernen – Lehren – Wissen – Adaptivität” 2003, PC Co-Chair for a variety of workshops, e.g. RSWeb at RecSys 2012-2015, MUSE at ECML PKDD 2010-2015 or a workshop series on semantic web mining at the ECML PKDD 2001-2005
- Selected PC memberships for conferences: ACM SIGKDD (regularly), AAAI (regularly), WWW (regularly), ISWC (regularly), ESWC (regularly), ECML PKDD (regularly), WebSci 2014, WSDM 2013, CIKM 2011
- Reviewer for journals, e.g., International Journal of Information Security (IJISS), Journal on Data Semantics (JoDS), ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), Machine Learning Journal, Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE)
- Reviewer for a variety of workshops
- Reviewer of research grants for the DFG and the European Union
- Executive director of the Institute of Computer Science at the University of Würzburg (2015, 2016)
- Best paper award: “Philipp Singer, Denis Helic, Andreas Hotho and Markus Strohmaier, HypTrails: A Bayesian Approach for Comparing Hypotheses About Human Trails on the Web” at WWW Conference 2015 (link)
- Honorable mention of the paper: “Ciro Cattuto, Dominik Benz, Andreas Hotho and Gerd Stumme, Semantic Grounding of Tag Relatedness in Social Bookmarking Systems” at ISWC 2008 (link)
- The 7 years most influential paper award: “Information Retrieval in Folksonomies: Search and Ranking”, Andreas Hotho, Robert Jäschke, Christoph Schmitz, Gerd Stumme at ESWC 2013 (link)
Participatory Patterns in an International Air Quality Monitoring Initiative. in PLoS ONE (2015). 10(8) e0136763.
Hyptrails: A bayesian approach for comparing hypotheses about human trails. (2015).
Awareness and Learning in Participatory Noise Sensing. in PLoS ONE (2013). 8(12) e81638.
Collective Information Extraction with Context-Specific Consistencies. in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, P. A. Flach, Bie, T. D., Cristianini, N. (eds.) (2012). (Vol. 7523) 728-743.
The Social Bookmark and Publication Management System BibSonomy. in The VLDB Journal (2010). 19(6) 849--875.
Tag Recommendations in Social Bookmarking Systems. in AI Communications, (E. Giunchiglia, ed.) (2008). 21(4) 231-247.
Learning Ontologies to Improve Text Clustering and Classification. in From Data and Information Analysis to Knowledge Engineering (2006). 334--341.
Learning Concept Hierarchies from Text Corpora using Formal Concept Analysis. in Journal on Artificial Intelligence Research (2005). 24 305-339.
List of all publications: http://dmir.org/staff/hotho/pubs
Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=eWTzXFAAAAAJ
DBLP Profile: http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/h/Hotho:Andreas